GTEC 2010: Igniting Government Transformation!
One of the hottest tickets at this year’s GTEC! – rapid-fire innovative thinking on transformational topics from Systemscope experts and client partners.
Nine (9) Ignite presenters shared thought-provoking and challenging stories about various aspects of government transformation – giving a quick window into a variety of trends that are fueling government transformation. Using 20 slides that advanced every 15 seconds, this intense and unique format kept everyone glued to the topics.
- Goodbye Librarians… As the amount of digital data and information is growing at a dizzying pace, Linda Daniels-Lewis (Senior IM Consultant, Systemscope) notes it’s getting harder to pinpoint the best information sources. The traditional boundaries of collections management, electronic records management, data stewardship, digital preservation, and digital asset management are beginning to blur – what is the role for digital curators?
- Five Myths About Performance… Performance Dashboards That Is – Everyone thinks they want a big, beautiful dashboard, but not every organization can handle it. Denise Eisner (Senior Consultant, Systemscope) exposes the dirty myths and offers some salient truths about web performance management in large organizations.
- Clocks And Clouds: Process Analysis In the Post-Modern World – Clocks are neat, orderly systems that can be solved through reduction; clouds are an epistemic mess, highly irregular, disorderly, and more or less unpredictable. Kellen Greenberg (Director, Integrated Process Management, Systemscope) explains why knowing the difference makes a difference in effective process modeling.
- $#*! My Dad Says About Business Architecture is Steven Karam’s (Partner and Government Service Excellence Practice Lead, Systemscope) refreshing and provocative look at the trials and tribulations of Business Architecture in the Government of Canada. It also reveals an easy entry point for GC organizations looking to use Business Architecture as a means to linking strategic IM/IT investments to policy and organizational outcomes .
- RACIs – The Rosetta Stone For Your Organization – Denis Barbeau (Partner and Strategic Business Consulting Practice Lead, Systemscope) describes how RACI diagrams are used as a foundation in organizational transformation, all the while fostering high levels of engagement, a common understanding of roles and responsibilities, and a consistent vocabulary that mitigates organizational ambiguity.
Systemscope also welcomed two exciting guests to its Ignite session: public policy entrepreneur, open government activist and negotiation expert David Eaves to talk about Open Data: Release the Power Within! and Ron Surette (DG of Information Technology Branch, Library and Archives Canada) who expanded on his theme GC: We’re Going Paperless! … Write That Down.