Managing Information in the Public Sector: Architecting for the E-Record
Systemscope Senior IM specialist Linda Daniels-Lewis and Alexandra Freeland from the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) presented Architecting for the E-Record on Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 at the Managing Information in the Public Sector conference in Toronto, Ontario. Their session focused on:
- The requirements for managing an electronic record;
- Which systems can and should be regarded as Systems of Record deserving of RM rigor;
- The information architecture components required to aggregate records across data systems;
- How the development of a Business Information Relationship Model can help identify those IA components; and
- How digital signatures can be introduced and managed to reduce the need to retain signed paper records.